The mod loader for Stardew Valley.
Compatible with GOG/Steam achievements and Linux/macOS/Windows, uninstall anytime, and there's a friendly community if you need help.
for Stardew Valley 1.5.5 beta only
What's new in...
See the SMAPI 3.12 release highlights for details.
SMAPI 3.12 mainly updates to Harmony 2.1, adds more save recovery and error-handling, improves Unicode support in the console window, and prepares for the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.5.5.
Recent patch updates:
- 3.12.6 adds a friendly error if mistakenly used with Stardew Valley 1.5.5+, reduces load time when scanning/rewriting many mods, drops support for unofficial 64-bit (you can use official 64-bit instead), improves support for 64-bit in the upcoming Stardew Valley 1.5.5, drops asset propagation for
Data\Bundles, adds APIs to help mods prepare for Stardew Valley 1.5.5, and fixes translations for temporary content packs, and updates the compatibility list.
- 3.12.7 mainly adds more logging during startup, simplifies error logging, adds asset propagation for
LooseSprites/Giftbox, and improves crossplatform support for JSON models with nullable XNA types.
⚠️ Some macOS players experience a freeze during launch with SMAPI 3.12.6 or later. This seems to be a macOS issue. If you're affected, downgrading to SMAPI 3.12.5 or updating to Stardew Valley 1.5.5 beta fixes it.
Requires Stardew Valley 1.5.4 or later on Linux/macOS/Windows.
For the Stardew Valley 1.5.5 beta only. Some mods may not work until they're updated.
SMAPI 3.13 mainly updates to Stardew Valley 1.5.5, and adds support for new game features like custom languages.
- 2021-08-18: initial beta.
- 2021-08-19: fixed thread abort error when exiting the game, and fixed error taking in-game screenshots.
- 2021-08-29: ported changes from SMAPI 3.12.3–3.12.5, improved mod compatibility with the beta, added a
hurry_allconsole command for testing NPCs, and updated compatibility list.
- 2021-09-03: ported changes from SMAPI 3.12.6, significantly improved mod compatibility with the beta, and updated the compatibility list.
- 2021-09-15: updated for the latest 1.5.5 build (including support for custom languages in
i18n), improved SMAPI's crossplatform JSON handling, and added asset propagation for
- 2021-09-18: ported changes from SMAPI 3.12.7.
- 2021-09-22: updated for the latest 1.5.5 build.
Requires Stardew Valley 1.5.5 or later on Linux/macOS/Windows.
Support SMAPI ♥
SMAPI is an open-source project by Pathoschild. It will always be free, but donations are much appreciated to help pay for development, server hosting, domain fees, coffee, etc.
Special thanks to Bpendragon, elflion, hawkfalcon, jwdred, Karmylla, Magically Clueless, Maria Stokes aka GamerGal2001, minervamaga, Obamoose, Matthew Conklin, Odin, Rafael Miranda, Raimund58, Susan of the Drunk and Ugly Podcast, and a few anonymous users for their ongoing support on Patreon; you're awesome!